High Mountain Organic (Cloud Tea) Green Tea
This organic green tea grows wild high in the mountains of Zhejiang, China. The clouds and fog surrounding the mountains allow the tea leaves to absorb more moisture, thus developing more of a sweet aroma and taste. This green tea contains high in antioxidants.
- The water used to steep this tea should be from the purest source available. Spring or distilled water is ideal. As other sources, tap, filtered, and mineral water tend to contain metals and other impurities that will affect the taste, brew times and quantity of steeps.
- Water temperature should be about 206 - 212°F (97-100°C) Use about 1-2 teaspoons (3 grams) of tea leaves for about every 5 ounces (150 milliliters) of water.
- A steeping time of about 2-5 minutes with more or less time is recommended depending on the desired concentration. As a rough guide, the higher the temperature of the water or the greater the amount of leaves used, the shorter the steeping time should be. The tea leaves should uncurled for full flavor.
- The teapot should be half filled with leaves and initially steeped for 45 seconds to 1 minute with the steeping time increased by an additional 15 seconds for each successive steeping.
- May steep up to four (4) additional times or more according to personal taste. Drain between service.